旧约
约伯记第9章
概览
约伯回应比勒达,承认那大问题——人在神面前怎能为义?他高举神压倒一切的大能:祂移山、命令日头、践踏波涛、造了众星,以致无人能与祂相争,或在千条指控中回答一条。约伯在这等大能之下感到被压碎,哀叹没有一位仲裁者能按手在神和他二者之间,又叹即使自己无辜,神纯然的大能也仿佛会定他的罪。
1约 伯 回 答 说 :Then Job answered and said,
2我 真 知 道 是 这 样 ; 但 人 在 神 面 前 怎 能 成 为 义 呢 ?I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
3若 愿 意 与 他 争 辩 , 千 中 之 一 也 不 能 回 答 。If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
4他 心 里 有 智 慧 , 且 大 有 能 力 。 谁 向 神 刚 硬 而 得 亨 通 呢 ?He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
5他 发 怒 , 把 山 翻 倒 挪 移 , 山 并 不 知 觉 。Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
6他 使 地 震 动 , 离 其 本 位 , 地 的 柱 子 就 摇 撼 。Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
7他 吩 咐 日 头 不 出 来 , 就 不 出 来 , 又 封 闭 众 星 。Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
8他 独 自 铺 张 苍 天 , 步 行 在 海 浪 之 上 。Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
9他 造 北 斗 、 参 星 、 昴 星 , 并 南 方 的 密 宫 ;Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
10他 行 大 事 , 不 可 测 度 , 行 奇 事 , 不 可 胜 数 。Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
11他 从 我 旁 边 经 过 , 我 却 不 看 见 ; 他 在 我 面 前 行 走 , 我 倒 不 知 觉 。Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not.
12他 夺 取 , 谁 能 阻 挡 ? 谁 敢 问 他 : 你 做 甚 麽 ?Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
13神 必 不 收 回 他 的 怒 气 ; 扶 助 拉 哈 伯 的 , 屈 身 在 他 以 下 。If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him.
14既 是 这 样 , 我 怎 敢 回 答 他 , 怎 敢 选 择 言 语 与 他 辩 论 呢 ?How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?
15我 虽 有 义 , 也 不 回 答 他 , 只 要 向 那 审 判 我 的 恳 求 。Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge.
16我 若 呼 吁 , 他 应 允 我 ; 我 仍 不 信 他 真 听 我 的 声 音 。If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice.
17他 用 暴 风 折 断 我 , 无 故 地 加 增 我 的 损 伤 。For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause.
18我 就 是 喘 一 口 气 , 他 都 不 容 , 倒 使 我 满 心 苦 恼 。He will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitterness.
19若 论 力 量 , 他 真 有 能 力 ! 若 论 审 判 , 他 说 谁 能 将 我 传 来 呢 ?If I speak of strength, lo, he is strong: and if of judgment, who shall set me a time to plead ?
20我 虽 有 义 , 自 己 的 口 要 定 我 为 有 罪 ; 我 虽 完 全 , 我 口 必 显 我 为 弯 曲 。If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say , I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
21我 本 完 全 , 不 顾 自 己 ; 我 厌 恶 我 的 性 命 。Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.
22善 恶 无 分 , 都 是 一 样 ; 所 以 我 说 , 完 全 人 和 恶 人 , 他 都 灭 绝 。This is one thing , therefore I said it , He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.
23若 忽 然 遭 杀 害 之 祸 , 他 必 戏 笑 无 辜 的 人 遇 难 。If the scourge slay suddenly, he will laugh at the trial of the innocent.
24世 界 交 在 恶 人 手 中 ; 蒙 蔽 世 界 审 判 官 的 脸 , 若 不 是 他 , 是 谁 呢 ?The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he?
25我 的 日 子 比 跑 信 的 更 快 , 急 速 过 去 , 不 见 福 乐 。Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away, they see no good.
26我 的 日 子 过 去 如 快 船 , 如 急 落 抓 食 的 鹰 。They are passed away as the swift ships: as the eagle that hasteth to the prey.
27我 若 说 : 我 要 忘 记 我 的 哀 情 , 除 去 我 的 愁 容 , 心 中 畅 快 ;If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness, and comfort myself :
28我 因 愁 苦 而 惧 怕 , 知 道 你 必 不 以 我 为 无 辜 。I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent.
29我 必 被 你 定 为 有 罪 , 我 何 必 徒 然 劳 苦 呢 ?If I be wicked, why then labour I in vain?
30我 若 用 雪 水 洗 身 , 用 硷 洁 净 我 的 手 ,If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
31你 还 要 扔 我 在 坑 里 , 我 的 衣 服 都 憎 恶 我 。Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me.
32他 本 不 像 我 是 人 , 使 我 可 以 回 答 他 , 又 使 我 们 可 以 同 听 审 判 。For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
33我 们 中 间 没 有 听 讼 的 人 可 以 向 我 们 两 造 按 手 。Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.
34愿 他 把 杖 离 开 我 , 不 使 惊 惶 威 吓 我 。Let him take his rod away from me, and let not his fear terrify me:
35我 就 说 话 , 也 不 惧 怕 他 , 现 在 我 却 不 是 那 样 。Then would I speak, and not fear him; but it is not so with me.